Do you want to set video as your Desktop Wallpaper? Yes, it’s possible. You have seen numerous videos and movies using the video players but have you ever thought of watching video on the desktop. This trick will allow you to play videos on the desktop. This features are not given by Microsoft Windows, but it’s the VLC Player. VLC Player has given the option of viewing video on the desktop.
Steps to Set video as your Desktop Wallpaper:
For this, You need VLC Media Player, If you don’t have VLC on your System, then download it from here.
Procedure for New Version greater than 0.90 or 1.0 or Greater:
1. Open VLC Player
2. Go to Tools >> Preferences >> Video
3. Now, In DirectX, Put a check mark or tick on “Enable Wallpaper Mode“.
4. Now, Save and Play video on VLC Player, You will see video playing on the desktop.
Play video/movie on VLC MEDIA PLAYER, Go to Video on menu bar and Select DirectX Wallpaper.
Procedure For Older Version:
1. Open VLC Player
2. Go to Settings >> preferences >> Interface >> Main interfaces, then click on wxWidgets
3. Remove the tick from “Taskbar” and put a tick on “Systray icon“.
4. Now, Go to Video >> Modules >> Direct X.
5. On the bottom right put a tick on advanced options check box, now u will see some options.
Put a tick on “Enable Wallpaper Mode ”
6. Then select playlist and put a tick on “Repeat current item”
7. Click on Save button.
8. Restart your player
9. Then play any video you would like to set as Wallpaper
10. Right click on the video and click on “Wallpaper”
The video would set as your wallpaper !!!
When you close the player, Video playing on the desktop will close and desktop will be same like before (back to normal). If you don’t want video to be played on the desktop again, then remove the tick mark from “Enable Wallpaper Mode.”
Update: In Windows 7, the theme would change to basic and need to manually change your theme later.
If you find above article interesting, then please share with others.