Finally, it’s back. People were waiting for the fixed version of the Gmail App and Finally it’s back in app store. Gmail app which was launched recently for iOS but due to some bug which was lurking around in the app caused some notification failure error message (see below screenshot).
However, Google understood the severity of the bug and pulled back for the fix. Gmail official twitted about the same say’s “The iOS app we launched today contained a bug with notifications. We have pulled the app to fix the problem. Sorry we messed up.” Check Gmail Tweet here. Below is the Screenshot of bug which was found in an older version of Gmail App.
What’s new in this version?
- Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
- Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
- Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device’s address book
- Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
- On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
- Focus on your important messages first with Priority Inbox
- Quickly scan countless emails on the same subject with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Pull down your inbox to rapidly refresh if you’re eager for new mail
- Swipe right to view your labels without ever leaving your inbox
- Swiftly scroll through dozens of emails just by sliding your finger
Google has just started Gmail app for iOS and expected to bring some more new features to it. You can Download New Gmail App for iOS in App Store.
Below are some Screenshot of Gmail App.
The New updated Gmail app do work for this time. This app meets all the basic email requirement which you normally do. Navigation and browsing were easy and smooth using the touch control. I can say it just met my expectation what I was expecting from this app. However, it does lack some important features like Multiple account check and other. You may expect that soon in next version of Gmail app as stated by Gmail Team.